My Text Tools - Text Manipulation Online
My Text Tools are a powerful suite of browser-based text manipulation tools to easily perform specialized text manipulation tasks that are impossible using traditional text editors.
To your left* are the tool menu buttons, directly above is the "working-text" field where text manipulation occurs and right* are the working-text field's controls.
After clicking a tool's menu button, the tool's controls will load into this area below the working-text field.
Instruction and examples can be found at the bottom of each tool's controls but most tools are self explanatory.
Working of text often requires use of multiple tools, so for your convenience the working-text will pass between tool pages without the need to reload.
Below is a list of available tools with a short description to help determine what tool(s) will meet your needs.
*NOTE: Small screen devices will need to open menu/control columns via the "Open tool menu" and "Open text controls" buttons, located page bottom.
• Find and replace text.
- Find and replace text across line breaks with the option of regular expression (regex) matching and controlling replacement text based upon matching text containing or not containing a specific text or regex.
• Change letter case.
- Change/convert letter case to/from uppercase, lowercase, first letter of each word uppercase, first letter of each sentence uppercase.
• Remove unwanted whitespace.
- Reduce all double plus extra spacing into single spaces. Trim leading/trailing spaces from lines. Remove all whitespace.
• Create/remove line breaks.
- Create new or remove existing line breaks. New line breaks can be created either before or after search string. Removed line breaks can be replaced by a string.
• Combination generator.
- Generate limited combinations from text objects by merging objects/lines in combinations from left to right.
- Wikipedia search tool returning (search or random) results in the form of article previews (with an image) which are far more in-depth and browsable than Wikipedia's standard search result.
Log Files: This website's webserver records log files. The information inside the log files includes: ip address, date/time stamp, referring page and user agent.
Cookies: This website does not use browser cookies but does use local web storage to pass data between text tools. This website's statistical service will load a third party browser cookie.
Disclaimer: Tools provided as-is, without warranty of any kind and used at your own risk.