🛠️ My Text Tools - Text Manipulation Tools
My Text Tools
are a powerful suite of browser-based text manipulation tools to easily perform specialized text manipulation tasks that are impossible using traditional text editors.
To your left* are the tool menu buttons, directly above is the "working-text" field where text manipulation occurs and right* are the working-text field's controls.
After clicking a tool's menu button, the tool's controls will load into this area below the working-text field.
Instruction and examples can be found at the bottom of each tool's controls but most tools are self explanatory.
Working of text often requires use of multiple tools, so for your convenience the working-text will pass between tool pages without the need to reload.
Below is a list of available tools with a short description to help determine what tool(s) will meet your needs.
*NOTE: Small screen devices will need to open menu/control columns via the "Open tool menu" and "Open text controls" buttons, located page bottom.
- Count lines, characters, words, sentences, strings. - Instantaneously count lines, characters, words, sentences and custom strings as you paste, type, click-on or select working-text.
- Find and replace text. - Find and replace text across line breaks with the option of regular expression (regex) matching.
- Change letter case. - Change/convert letter case to/from uppercase, lowercase, first letter of each word uppercase, first letter of each sentence uppercase.
- Remove letter accents. - Convert á to a.
- Remove unwanted whitespace. - Reduce all double plus extra spacing into single spaces. Trim leading/trailing spaces from lines. Remove all whitespace.
- Sort text by alphabetical, length, random, reverse order. - Sort items/lines within a list/text in alphabetical, length, random, reverse order. Items my be sorted by a specified delimiter and column number within the item.
- Create/remove line breaks. - Create new or remove existing line breaks. New line breaks can be created either before or after search string. Removed line breaks can be replaced by a string.
- Insert prefix and/or suffix into each line/item. - Does exactly wthat title says. Most useful tool ever!
- Join text lines, side by side. - Join multiple blocks of text by merging their lines/rows from right side to left side.
- Number each line/item. - Great tool to enumerate items within a delimited list.
- Remove blank lines. - Remove blank/empty lines, including lines containing only whitespace.
- Remove duplicate lines/items. - Will remove duplicate content between any delimiter.
- Remove lines/items containing... - Remove lines or delimited items containing/not containing a specified text string with optional regex matching.
- Remove unwanted line numbers. - Remove unwanted line numbers from the start each line often encountered from copying code blocks.
- Delete column of text. - Will work with double quote CSV text.
- Extract column of text. - Will work with double quote CSV text.
- Insert column of text. - Will work with double quote CSV text.
- Swap columns of text. - Will work with double quote CSV text.
- Combination generator. - Generate limited combinations from text objects by merging objects/lines in combinations from left to right.
- Numbered list generator. - Generate a sequentially numbered, line break delimited list for further completion.
- Random number generator. - Generate random numbers from a selected low/high range with prefix/suffix/joining options.
- Random string generator. - Generate random strings with many construction options.
- Extract text between two strings, tags, characters, etc. - Extracts text lying between text such as urls from href attribute tags within hyperlinks.
- Extract unique words from text with frequency count. - Extract a list of all unique words from text with the option of a CSV format word frequency count.
- On-select tool. - Selected text will be instantly manipulated, such as wrapping HTML tags around a word.
- Text to speech reader. - Listen to the working-text.
Log Files: This website's webserver records log files. The information inside the log files includes: ip address, date/time stamp, referring page and user agent.
Cookies: This website does not use browser cookies but does use local web storage to pass data between text tools. This website's statistical service will load a third party browser cookie.
Disclaimer: Tools provided as-is, without warranty of any kind and used at your own risk.